Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Sept 17th My CMT Journey continues...
When dad died I blamed my poor choices in making God angry. Mom's death brought God's grace and love. I stood by moms side while she was dying  held her hand knowing how frightened she was in dying, I talked her into taking the hands of Jesus. A super natural event occurred.  I felt like I was walking mom into the gates of heaven. When we arrived the gates opened and I handed her over to Jesus. I felt so much love,  peace and joy. I was so overcome with these emotions I had all I could do to contain myself from bursting with praise and song while my family wept. I was glowing throughout the funeral. Couldn't stop smiling. Than Jesus brought me back to earth. I grieved and my heart was broken. I understood that God may not answer prayer in the way I want, but He is always there to hold me up. A few months later my son was diagnosed in having CMT. “Some parents say that they had a feeling, long before the diagnosis was finally made, that something was wrong. In many cases, with a hereditary disorder, it was almost a situation of waiting for what they most feared: the same diagnosis that plagued their own youth. But, until the confirmation of their fears, they denied those feelings. This type of reaction is a very healthy emotion. It gives the person time to accept, adjust, and make plans. It can also protect a parent from too much pain, too soon.” (cmtausa, My Child Has CMT). I think my mom surmised it. I respect her self control in not voicing her concerns to me.  When people say God will not give you more than you can handle, let me tell you the truth. The verse that statement is referring to is 1 Cor 10:13 and it is about temptation. God will not tempt you for more than you are able to stand without providing a way out. But yes, life is hard and some people have it more difficult than others. If life wasn't problematic why would we need a Savior? One night, after my son went to bed, I sat on the floor in my bedroom and just started weeping. I grieved over the loss of my mom and the hardships I knew my son was facing with CMT. I just felt like all my prayers were answered as a no. I prayed for my marriage to be healed, my dad to survive and get better, my mother to get well and my son to be spared of CMT. While lying on the floor crying I felt a hand on my shoulder, it startled me but when I turned around no one was there. I then heard an inner voice, “It is I who made Joel, not you. I made him for a very special reason and a purpose”. I knew it was my comfort from God. Although the pain still remained, I was filled with such peace and love. I got up off the floor and crawl into bed and slept. I knew that whatever came our way God would carry us through. There's a Bible verse in Jeremiah 33:3, “Call to me and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things you do not know”.  I know God is going to work through Joel to accomplish much. I attended a beautiful church and it was my church families prayers that were the glue that held me together. To be continued.....If you feel led to give any donations for researching a cure, you can give online at


Me and Joel

3 generations of CMT
me, my dad and son

Mom who I had the privilege
of walking into heaven








No comments:

Post a Comment