Wednesday, May 8, 2013

John 14:27 "I leave you with a gift, peace of mind and heart. This peace is not like the peace the world gives, so do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid."
I was doing pool exercises for about 2 weeks now,  but the temp in the pool is only 74% and my body has been aching. Don't know if it's the exercise or water temp. So I am abstaining for a while from the pool at least until the the water temp heats up a bit. Being in SW Florida it really shouldn't take that long. I was disappointed yesterday as my back felt so weak and I was having a hard time functioning.  But I am determined to do everything I  can  to get some strength back, and then leave the rest to God.
   I keep having these recurring dreams where I am able to walk with out the use of a walker. In my dreams I am aware that I have a walker but I either leave it in the car and walk to my destination with out it or like, in last nights dream, I left the walker on the side in my living room and walked without it commenting to my husband, "Look, I'm walking without the walker". I always wake up from those dreams in a state of hope believing that perhaps the Lord is showing me this is only temporary. Either way i am so grateful that the Lord has given me a peace throughout this situation.
I am trying to pursue a vitamin supplement that has shown positive results in some CMT patients. It's very costly and only in the 2nd trial stage ( I believe there are 3 stages in a trial study before it shows positive data to release the information as a type of treatment or cure) . There is no cure at this time for CMT, this supplement is not a cure but hoping to help in treating the condition..
I am asking for prayer for wisdom in this matter. I am also going to look into a different type of leg brace that other CMT patients are raving about.  Psalm 25:4-5 has been my daily prayer,  "Show me the path where I should go, O Lord: point out the right road for me to walk. Lead me; teach me; for you are God who gives me salvation. I have no hope except in you."
Appreciate your prayers...thanks Ellen

2 comments:

  1. praying for you always my precious friend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved the analogy of a "path" (Pss 25:4:119:105). The sheep best trust that the Shepherd knows the best way to go and so if we are walking with Him it is the best way to go. Pray that we have have to trust in His perfect leading (Luke 22:42).

    ReplyDelete