Wednesday, February 25, 2015

SIMPLY DRESSED 


“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come. The old has gone, the new is here!.” 2 Cor 5:17 (NIV)

I needed to get things together for a garage sale my Bible study group is having. I thought I would go through my closet and dresser drawers and get rid of clothes I don't wear anymore. As I was pulling out my clothes I thought about all my prayers for healing and for my strength to return from my falls. My injuries caused the progression of my CMT, Charcot-Marie-Tooth.  I truly believed I was going to get stronger.  I held onto my clothes like a caterpillar wrapped in a cocoon.
I finally came to the acceptance that this is as good as its going to get. I needed to re-evaluate my wardrobe. As my CMT progressed I have lost some of my upper body strength and my hands have weakened. Buttons, zippers and tight fitting clothing had to go. Dressing is now limited to simplicity not style. My attire consists of  loose fitting clothes, elastic and Velcro. I exchanged my stylish fashion to one of comfort and ease.
A few days prior a friend gave me some of her clothes that didn't fit her anymore.  In cleaning out my dresser drawers I was able to replace my old attire with the new ones given to me.  I filled up a large suitcase and got rid of most of my old clothing.
I thought about my relationship with Christ.  As I mature in my faith I need to let go of many things.   In order for me to take on the new clothes of righteousness I must first get rid of the old attire of self control.  As a new creation I can no longer wear jealousy, anger, bitterness or self -centeredness.  I want to clothe myself with kindness, humility, patience, gentleness, peace and love. (Colosians 3-12-15)  Just thinking about these characteristics  brings my spirit comfort and ease.


As my friends dragged out the heavy luggage of clothes, it was like dragging out the garbage weighing me down.  My spirit was lifted. It felt good to get rid of all that I was holding onto for so long. I was embraced in peace.

I may not be fashion savvy and you won't see me on the cover of any beauty magazines. But, my name is written in the Lamb's book of life and it's even engraved in the Master's hand. What more could I ask for? Hallelujah,                                                                                  the old is gone and the new is here to stay!


.

13 comments:

  1. This post goes along with my last blog post. Hurting so much today hope you are well. healingtakesalifetime.blogspot.com/2015/03/i-have-been-humbled-by-response-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally like your post, you have shared good article. It will help me in great deal.
    Matlab Assignment Experts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate your efforts in preparing this post. I really like your blog articles.
    Online Medical Assignment Help

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well thanks for posting such an outstanding idea. I like this blog & I like the topic and thinking of making it right.
    Operations Research Assignments help

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is funny but I have never been to garage sales before and it would be nice to go sometime. Is anyone going to have one? I can share 5 Popular Pancake Recipes To Save Your Time in return. How about that? Think it over before you answer. The article is really good, by the way. I like the pictures. They fit in. feel free to update if anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, garage sales! I just love this sort of things. Shame I don`t have a garage myself. What I have is a great essay I received online placing a request. 7 Steps for Writing Movie Critique Essay is not the only topic one can get a paper on. Apply for assistance and you will get to see everything with your own eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Garage sales. I just love garage sales. I have a lot of stuff for sale myself but no time to make a garage sale. There is another thing, which brings my spirit comfort and ease. It is an excellent custom writing service, which provides with a review of essays for free. Essay-review.org is the site. Hallelujah!

    ReplyDelete