Thursday, October 9, 2014

Healing From The Hand Of Friendship

After sharing about my experience with how my whining has caused uncertainty with others I want to share of the ones who have stood by me in this battle. There's a story in Exodus about the Israelites fighting to conquer the land God promised them. As long as Moses held up his arms the Israelite were winning. As soon as He let his arms down they were pounded on by the enemy. So Moses brother, Aaron, and his friend, Hur, got a rock for Moses to sit on and then on each side of Moses they stood and held his arms up. (Exodus 17:12). The battle was won and they went into the land to conquer it. Like I stated previously God is all about relationships. He could of given victory to the Iraealites without Aaron, Hur or Moses. God chose to make a point in that we need each other in order to conquer the battle.  We need to put on the full armor of God (Ephesians 6:13) and  pray for each other without stopping (18). I love that, for some, praying for me has become an action, not just words. To all my friends who have treated me to lunch, coffee, parks, and visits, your time was as healing to me as Aaron and Hur were to Moses. To be accepted, the good, the bad and the ugly is a gift.
Life is busy for many. In today's economy just about everyone has to work. Those who don't are usually busy caring for children, grandchildren or family members. Today's mom's and dad's  feel exhausted in taxiing their loved ones to sporting events, doctor's, dentists ect. Those who retire are now active in ministries at church. We live in a needy society. I don't like adding to that need. If I had a choice I would rather give 100% than be on the receiving end. It has been humbling and lonely. Yet when one of my friends anoint me with their hand of friendship I am so elated. A few weeks back a busy friend called and invited me to dinner. She had a free evening and we went for pizza. What a fun time. We laughed, complained and prayed. It was soothing lotion on a chapped heart. Other friends invited me for coffee, another joyful experience. For me they are being Jesus with skin on.
Don't mistake someone being married as not being lonely. When I was a single mom many friends from church were there in my times of need. I believe the deceit we tell ourselves is that she has a husband or her children live near by. Let the Holy Spirit speak into your heart.  There have been times when our fridge has been empty and I would receive a “word” from someone who believed God wanted them to tell me something. I already know what God's word says.  I am forever grateful to the great group of friends who have given  food, money and treated me to adventures.  In my mind they are the true disciples of Christ. You guys who are my Aaron and Hur have been my encourager to write. Your validation has prompted me to share my story in hopes of teaching what it is like to be one of His chosen ones in need.
With the love and support of family and friends many hurting people overcame their hardships and shined brightly for our Lord. God does not expect us to go through our battles alone. He created us  for fellowship.  How good and pleasant it is when God's people live together in unity! It is like precious oil poured on the head, running down on the beard, running down on Aaron's beard, down on the collar of his robe. It is as if the dew of Hermon were falling on Mount Zion. For there the LORD bestows his blessing, even life forevermore. Psalm 133:1-3” Simply put it is an anointing.


1 comment:

  1. "In my mind they are the true disciples of Christ".-- YES! Ellen so true. And if someone can serve Christ by spending time with you what a blessing that is. In my "Kidmeys who needs them" I touch on suffering and it's possible purpose "So maybe that is the reason for suffering, helping each other and living compassionate lives so that we can need God in a deeper way, and we can experience miracles and healing." If other people are being compassionate that is a blessing. You are so brave to open yourself up and let them in. It is not easy. I am so glad you are continuing to write. Please feel free to comment on my blog. Together we grow!
    http://job6-3.blogspot.com/2014/10/kidneys-who-needs-them.html

    ReplyDelete